Young Melksham are excited to confirm that the popular and hard-hitting drama Chelsea's Choice will be being performed at The Canberra Centre on Thursday 17th November.
‘Chelsea’s Choice’ is the internationally renowned, hard-hitting Applied Theatre Production that has proven highly successful in raising awareness around the issues surrounding Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE). The play, which has now been seen by hundreds of professionals and over 480,000 young people throughout the UK, is followed by an actor facilitated post-show talk exploring the issues raised.
It tells the story of a group of three students who discover the diary of a girl called Chelsea. Chelsea was a 15 year old girl who, having fallen out with her friends and family, met a guy called Gary. Gary was kind, understanding, had a nice car, had his own flat and listened to her. Unfortunately Gary was not what he seemed to be! Chelsea's story is played out and examined by the three students who, along with their teacher, attempt to understand what happened to Chelsea and how it could have been prevented.
The play has been seen by thousands of young people & hundreds of professionals & has proven highly effective at covering:-
- What makes a Healthy Relationship
- What makes an Unhealthy Relationship
- Safe Internet Use/Sexting
- What is Consent
- The Grooming Process, Child Sexual Exploitation & the differing models & methods
- Where to go for help & advice
For adult audiences it also:-
- Raises Awareness of ‘The Warning Signs of CSE’
- Raises Awareness of the journey that young people may have been on that has resulted in them being exploited – a journey that can all too easily make it seem as though they have ‘made their own choices’ and can leave them not seeing themselves as victims and fighting against any intervention.